Skip to main content

Reliance Jio's new call charges, voucher, free data offer: 5 things to know

For the first time, Reliance Jio customers will have to pay for making voice calls
For every ₹10 you spent on call charges, Jio will give you 1 GB free data

Not all voice calls made from a Reliance Jio mobile phone connection will now be free but the telecom operator has promised to refund the charges in the form of free internet data. Even though the charges for making voice calls to other mobile phone networks are as low as 6 paise a minute, it will be for the first time that Jio customers will have to pay for voice calls, free since its launch in 2016.


All voice calls made to Non-Jio mobile numbers will be charged at 6 paise per minute from your next recharge.

Reliance Jio's new call charges, voucher, free data offer 5 things to know
Reliance Jio's new call charges, voucher, free data offer
5 things to know about Jio's call charges, data offer:

1) Jio said due to the undergoing regulatory policy changes for mobile call related charges, it is compelled to recover Interconnect Usage Charge or IUC for all Non-Jio mobile voice calls. It means that any Jio to Jio calls, incoming calls, calls made to a landline number and those using WhatsApp, Skype, etc, will remain free and voice calls made to another mobile operator like Airtel, Vodafone-Idea, etc will be charged.


2) Jio has assured that it will keep its promise for making voice calls free for life. The IUC charges will be applicable only till the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) migrates to a zero termination charge. At present, the interconnect usage charge is 6 paise per minute. According to the last ruling by the regulator, IUC for mobile calls will be zero only from 1st January 2020. This means that you will have to pay IUC of 6 paise only till the end of this year.


3) Jio customers will have to buy IUC top-up vouchers. A ₹10 voucher will give you 124 minutes of talk time to Non-Jio mobiles and 1 GB of free data. If you buy the ₹20 voucher, you get 249 minutes of IUC talk time and 2GB free data. A ₹50 voucher will give you 656 minutes of talk time to Non-Jio mobile phones and 5 GB of free data while the ₹100 voucher comes with 1,362 minutes of calls and 10 GB data. In short, Jio will give 1 GB free data for every ₹10 spent on IUC charges.


4) Post-paid customers will be billed at 6 paise per minute for off-net outgoing calls with a corresponding increase in free data entitlement.


5) At present, IUC, levied by mobile networks handling incoming calls from rival networks, is 6 paise a minute.


Thanks for reading this blog!
Sachin

Popular posts from this blog

3 Tips to be a Better Digital Marketer

how to become a better digital marketer.  In fact, what we should be talking about is:  How to be a better marketer.  The Digital medium is just how communication technology has evolved.  Earlier we have Radio, TV, Newspaper and Magazines, but now we have Facebook, Twitter, Blogs and Online videos.  However, the core principles of marketing has not changed. Because we as humans have not changed.  If you become a better marketer, you can automatically become a better digital marketer. So how do we become better marketers? 1. Get a Good Life Experience Marketing is mostly the ability to tell compelling stories.  Great marketers are people who have a great life experience.  For example, a while back I wrote a blog post on how digital marketing and blogging took me to China.  (You can read the blog post here:  How Blogging & Digital Marketing took me to China ). I was able to write that story because I did someth...

3 Business Lessons from Strategy Games

I am not sure how much computer games you play. Do you? I am a gamer and I love strategy games which involve planning. My favourite game is Red Alert. I have been playing Red Alert 3 for a very long time and its a war game. I realized, I have learned a lot of business lessons by playing Red Alert. And here are the top 3. 1. Don't Attack Too Soon In Red Alert, we have limited time and resources. I have to build an army with those resources and then attack my enemy. If I did not build a large enough army, I will lose the battle and also my troops. Once I lose my troops, I have to rebuild it from scratch. If I build a large enough troop after looking at my enemy, and attack with everything I have, I have a chance of winning. In business, it is similar. If you build a product and if it is not as good as your competitors, you will fail. Once you take it to the market and fail, there is no coming back. So have some patience and build a good product. Whe...

New Schema.org support for retailer shipping data

  Quick summary : Starting today, we support   shippingDetails  schema.org markup   as an alternative way for retailers to be eligible for shipping details in Google Search results. Since June 2020, retailers have been able to list their products across different Google surfaces for free,  including on Google Search . We are committed to supporting ways for the ecosystem to better connect with users that come to Google to look for the best products, brands, and retailers by investing both in more robust tooling in  Google Merchant Center  as well as with new kinds of schema.org options. Shipping details, including cost and expected delivery times, are often a key consideration for users making purchase decisions. In our own studies, we’ve heard that users abandon shopping checkouts because of unforeseen or uncertain shipping costs. This is why we will often show shipping cost information in certain result types, including on free listings on Google Sea...